Saturday, January 30, 2010

Mommy, Can I Have One

This is called a Bakalla, it is like a mini convenient store. They sell all kinds of food items, cigarettes, newspapers and of course alot of cheap toys. They decorate the outside of the store with all these toys, to attract the kids. Since the people here seemed to have lost the ability to tell their children NO, it brings in business.
You can just pull up to the curb and honk your horn, and a man will come out to ask what you want. Then he will go in and get it for you and bring it out. Very convenient for some one like me wo has small children, but it is mostly for the lazy, there are alot of them here.  This really brings in business. They even deliver.
Michael allways asks for a toy, but I have definately not lost my ability to tell my children NO.

No comments:

Post a Comment